Hey, there friend! Who said movie night had to include the same old snacks like microwave pizza rolls, and buttery popcorn? Not saying pizza and popcorn are boring by any means! I mean, come on, those are two dangerously delicious comfort foods that everyone, myself included, finds essential! But in all honesty, they are not very filling and not very healthy by any means. So that is why I scrambled up these healthy movie snacks that you need to try at your next movie night!
Why not get dig into your creative side and spark up some new and exciting snacks that your family and friends will not only LOVE, but everyone’s waistline will LOVE as well! I have put together the perfect list of all sorts of different, wild, creative, simple and most importantly HEALTHY recipes that I love and that I know you will love just the same!
I am so excited to share them with you, so let’s get healthy snackin’!
I’m Feelin’ Sweet:
Get snacking on some of these sweet, mouth-watering popcorn flavors that you and your guests will absolutely love, and that will keep you reaching for that popcorn bowl.
Hey, it’s okay, they’re healthy!
- I found this little popcorn gem at Thegraciouspantry.com and I thought her recipe was genius! It is made with almond butter and sweetened with honey which gives you that amazing caramel corn flavor but without the loaded sugar and calories!
- Yum! When it comes to “dieting,” nothing is more pleasing than when you find that perfect snack that’s both sweet and salty! Not to mention healthy!! But here it is. Check this recipe out at What’scookinggoodlooking.com (such a cute name by the way) and try it out at your next movie night!
- This is the perfect simple popcorn recipe that has that warm, perfect touch of sweetness that I’m sure will rock your sugar-loving tastebuds and leave you and your fellow movie watchers or game players super happy! Find this amazing recipe at Naturallyella.com.
I’m Feelin’ Salty:
Additionally, if you’re feeling more on the salty/savory side, you have to give these 3 super creative, favor-punching popcorn recipes a try!
- This popcorn recipe is a hot sauce lover’s dream come true! Especially if you surprise them with a bowl of this flavorful, tangy snack…you’ll find yourself locked in as the go-to movie host every week. Click on over to Thecurvycarrot.com and get poppin’.
- In my opinion, this popcorn recipe is a perfect substitute if you’re in the mood for some greasy, cheesy, garlic bread. I say, skip the unnecessary fat and carbs and whip up this savory, flavorsome popcorn that’s made with coconut oil instead of butter! Found at Thegraciouspantry.com.
- I couldn’t pass up this recipe when I scrolled across it at Foxeslovelemons.com. It’s super easy, and all it takes is stirring up some “pizza-flavored” olive oil. Which includes sun-dried tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, and lots of Italian herbs. Sprinkle some mozzarella cheese on top and you have an exceptional, award-winning recipe for your movie night!
Get Skinny Dippin’
- Wow! You need to try out this from Brittany at Eatingbirdfood.com it is soooo tasty and I guarantee this will not only be the star of your movie night, but it will also become your new go-to healthy, summer serving dish!
- Serve with a side celery sticks, apple slices, organic graham crackers, or just eat it plain with a spoon! No one will judge you since this super easy, 3-ingredient peanut butter dip from Crazyforcrust.com is delicious!
- Perfect for a crowd, dress this yummy snack up with some raw vegetables or some organic, baked tortilla chips and you have a delicious, wholesome snack that everyone will enjoy! Try out this recipe and so many others at Cookincanuck.com!
- Honestly, what good party doesn’t serve a platter of guacamole?? It’s a staple, healthy snack! So, you have to dish out this recipe found at Healthy-liv.com to your family and friends at your next movie viewing. It’s packed full of healthy fats, keeping you full and satisfied longer, not to mention it’s no #extra calories.
In my opinion, nothing is better than a late-night binge crazy movie marathon with delicious snacks full of (healthy) fat and cheese! Be the star of the next movie or game night with any of these 4 cheesy snacks!
- This is the perfect alternative to pizza without having that crazy carb overload! Save yourself the calories, the guilt, and the bloating by making a batch of these flavorful, low carb pizza bites found at Thesugerfreelondoner.com!
- Oh my gosh! When I came across this recipe I actually gasped. Lol. I knew that I just had to share this insanely unique, original, and tasty snack with all of you! To all my veggie haters out there, please do not let the word “cauliflower” in the title scare you when you see it on ibreatheimhungry.com. From a picky eater, take my word on it! You and even your children will love this recipe! What a creative and brilliant way to sneak in veggies without jeopardizing the pizza-loving taste you and your movie watchers love.
- Perfect for dipping raw veggies into like celery, carrots, peppers, or even cucumbers! This recipe found at Veganricha.com will instantly become a healthy, staple snack enhancer at every movie night thus following!
Who doesn’t love mozzarella sticks, and who wouldn’t want to see a healthified version of them at your next get together?? You definitely have to make these skinny mozzarella sticks found at Thecomfortofcooking.com the next time you host a movie or game night! I promise all of your guests will be drooling over and thanking you for this one!
Perfect for a later-evening snack, bake up some of these delicious, savory, and sweet snacks all healthy and ready for you and your friends and family to dig and enjoy!
- These are the healthy, essential alternative to buffalo wings! However, instead of using chicken, use cauliflower! It is such a wonderful way to get in some extra veggies while still feeling like you’re eating something delicious and packed full of calories. Cook up the recipe yourself from Krissy at Selfproclaimedfoodie.com and see just how savory and tasty they are!
- As someone who used to hate kale, I gave these a try and now I definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a salty alternative to potato chips. I found this very simple and quick-to-make recipe at Allrecipes.com and you have to give it try! They’re so yummy and, even better, you get to look at the surprised, but pleased, faces your friends and family will make when you have them taste these!
- Who doesn’t love a good brownie? Especially one that doesn’t come with the added guilt or calories found in a normal brownie. Not only vegan and gluten-free, but these brownies are made with sweet potatoes! They will have your tastebuds happy dancing and making it perfectly acceptable to have 2 or maybe 3 of them! Find this recipe and so many other healthy ones at Saltedplains.com!
- This healthy, simple snack is perfect to share or to make at home for yourself when you wanna sit down with a large bowl and happily binge-watch the new season of Game of Thrones. This sweet, little snack found at Amy’shealthybaking.com is perfect to make for one or many individuals who want a tasty and filling movie snack!
Moreover, for all of your sweet tooth cravings, mix it up with some or all of these tasty, unique recipes that will keep you full and happy all throughout the movie!
- I cannot think of a homemade, healthy snack that deserves greater applause than this one! I found this recipe at Nutritiouslife.com and it blew me away! With only 6 main ingredients this protein cookie dough will have you not wanting to share by any means! So, maybe save this one for a solo movie night or to share with a very, close friend!
- I bet you weren’t expecting a recipe like this one to pop up but this is perfect if you want something chocolatey that’s also packed with essential vitamins and nutrients. Created by Lindsey at Toastedpinenut.com, this is a great movie snack that will keep you full and keep your sweet-tooth cravings away!
- If the name of this incredible, healthy dessert didn’t get you to click and check it out for yourself, I don’t know what will! These bad boys, created by Natalie at Tasteslovely.com, greatly satisfy my sweet tooth and my dire need of chocolate…plus they are paleo-friendly (low in carbs)!?!? Give me 10 of them! 🙂
- I don’t know why, but I seriously love this trail mix! If I wasn’t being mindful, I guarantee I could easily eat it all without any hesitation. Nonetheless, you don’t need to worry about having too much sugar with the recipe found at Elizabethrider.com! Made with so many delicious, heart-healthy, and fulfilling ingredients, this is the perfect movie night snack to have sitting on the table ready for your friends and family to devour!
As you may have noticed, I like to be creative and find new and exciting ways to make delicious and unhealthy foods, delicious and HEALTHY without jeopardizing the flavor! I love to hunt for new healthy ideas that are more fun and creative compared to your boring healthy foods like a bag of plain almonds and a cup of fruit.
Finding that balance is so essential and will keep you on track while still enjoying the things you love! Like spending a night watching movies and binge eating your favorite (now made healthy) snacks in the process.
I really hope some of these recipes helped you and inspired you to make them yourself and share them with your loved ones! Let me know in the comments which one was your favorite and that you’re most excited to try out! If you have already made any of these recipes, I would love to hear how they turned out for you as well! Until next time!