Hey everyone! Yesterday (April 14th) was my birthday, and I turned 22 years old. I always get a little emotional around this time of the year, because I really am so grateful to be here and be able to experience this beautiful thing called life. This past year, I have definitely been through many ups and downs. However, this past year has inspired me to do a little post about things and life lessons I have learned at 22 years old. With that, here are 22 things I have learned at 22!
1. Cherish your family. You never know how much time you have left with them.
2. Quality over quantity when it comes to friends! I have about 3 friends that I can truly depend on and that’s perfectly okay! I’ve learned that sometimes it’s better to have a small group of great friends than a big group of good ones.
3. It’s perfectly okay to say no to people. Most of the time, saying no to others is saying yes to yourself.
4. Eating healthy is very important, but it doesn’t have to completely dictate your life every single day. If you want to eat cake on your birthday or ice cream on a random Friday night, then go for it! Enjoy things in moderation!
5. Life is not a race! Take it day-by-day at your own pace. Not everyone is on the same path at the same time.
6. Say “I love you” often to those that you love. Remind them often. One day they may not be there anymore and it’s better to let them know rather than regret not saying it enough later on. Trust me.
7. Be grateful for what you have. I know it’s cliche but the quote: “You don’t know what you have ‘til it’s gone.” is 100% true. Appreciate every single thing you have while you still have it.
8. Be kind to yourself and accept yourself for who you are. Normal is just a button on the dishwasher lol. Be you!
9. Exercise is vital! Not only for your physical health and wellbeing but for your mental and emotional health as well!
10. Drinking coffee first thing in the morning brings me so much joy!
11. Things will work out the way they’re supposed to. Everything happens for a reason and usually, greater lessons are learned or something good always comes out of it.
12. The Office is the best show in the world. Not important, but just something that I needed to say lol.
13. Taking care of someone else or doing little things to brighten someone’s day gives me joy and makes me so happy.
14. I am meant to be a high school teacher.
15. Listen to others and don’t be afraid to ask questions.
16. Traveling is so important! Save your money and spend it on experiences more than material items!
17. I feel better when I move my body each day.
18. Take time for yourself. Every single day.
19. Always keep chocolate nearby lol. You never know when you just need it!
20. Being kind is enough. You don’t need to prove yourself to anyone.
21. Opinions of other people really have nothing to do with me.
22. Enjoy the little moments. Life is so short and it’s important not to get caught in tomorrow’s plans. After all, all we’re truly promised is today. So don’t miss out on the blessings of today!
That’s all for now! I hope you enjoyed this short and sweet post about the 22 things I have learned at 22!
Tell me in the comments something you have learned in life so far!
Have a beautiful day!