Hey friends! So last week, I shared my current favorite body care products and how I self-tan. This week, I decided that it would be fun to share my current favorite skincare/beauty products as well! I don’t know about you, but I love reading blogs are seeing Instagram posts where people share their favorite skincare products and what works well for them. Lately, I have been seeing such great results from my current skincare routine, so I thought I would share!
First things first, I have very combination skin, but I tend to get hormonal acne around and under my jawline. I have struggled with acne since middle school, especially hormonal acne in my early teens, teenage years, and as an adult. It’s not fun! Over the years, I’ve tried and spent hundreds of dollars on medications, creams, serums, washes, Dermatology appointments, seeing different aestheticians, you name it! And although I still struggle with occasional breakouts, I can honestly say that this is the best my skin has looked in years. Actually, since middle school, which was around 12 years ago haha.
So with that, let’s get into my current favorites products that I swear by, and what I use on a daily/nightly basis:
1. iS Clinical Cleansing Complex: I saw this aesthetician about 2 years ago, where she recommended this iS Clinical face wash. I had never heard of the brand before this appointment, but she really hyped it up and used it that day on my skin. After some convincing, (I’ve always been very skeptical about trying new products in fear that they would break me out.) I decided to buy it and give it a chance at home for about a month or so. Thankfully, I noticed tremendous results within a week! I kid you not! I had a few (minor) breakouts in the beginning, but only in the first couple of days trying this face wash. Which I expected to happen anyway! After those breakouts cleared quickly, I started to notice my skin’s bumpy texture fade away and my skin began to look more radiant! I’ve been using this face wash since 2018 and I couldn’t be happier with it! Plus, it’s really helped my hormonal acne as well! I notice that I tend to only break out when I’m about to start my period. So all in all, I highly recommended this face wash!
2. Primally Pure Everything Spray: I’m not joking when I say that this spray literally does it all! But for me, I typically use it as a daily toner in the evening, and then as a refreshing facial mist during the day. Along with feeling refreshed after using Primally Pure’s Everything Spray, I also feel like my skin is noticeably brighter and more balanced. Not to mention, I use it on my underarms each morning since this is a great underarm refresher and essential for preventing ingrown hairs from shaving. Additionally, this spray is made with organic lavender hydrosol soothes, which helps to calm irritated and inflamed skin. I seriously don’t know what I would do without this stuff!
3. Tula 24/7 Moisture Hydrating Day/Night Cream: As someone who has very sensitive skin + combination skin, I was very pleased with the way that it makes my skin feel and look very hydrated and healthy! Additionally, the probiotics and the turmeric in the moisturizer really helped the redness in my face and was super gentle on my sensitive skin. Along with this, I also wanted to mention how much I have been loving the Tula Cooling + Brightening Eye Cream as well! I love to use it in the morning and at night to add some hydration to my under eyes. Plus, it leaves my under eyes feeling refreshed and looking brighter!
4. Primally Pure Soothing Face Mask: I LOVE using a gentle face exfoliating face mask to help wash away and dry and dead skin. My go-to lately has been the Primally Pure Clarifying Mask! It’s perfect for those who are prone to acne and/or pigmentation, like myself. Plus, it even comes in a cute sample size if you’re not one to exfoliate very often! When it comes to my skincare routine, I use this mask about once or twice a week!
5. Mario Badescu Drying Lotion: I feel like this little guy is the holy grail for spot treating and managing breakouts. Especially for my hormonal acne! Plus, for as small as the bottle may appear, it lasts a long time! I personally like to use this before, only if I have a breakout, and it’s typically gone by the morning! Or, if I don’t have anywhere to go (especially nowadays haha) I then like to leave it on throughout the day as I’m working.
6. Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask: Last but not least, I LOVE using this overnight lip mask about once to three times a week to prevent my lips from becoming dry or cracked! However, you could definitely use it every day if you wanted to!
I hope you enjoyed today’s post, my friend! Please let me know in the comments if you have any current skincare obsessions or products that you recommend!
Have a beautiful day and stay safe!