For today’s post, I thought I’d go through my current favorite body care products! During this quarantine, I have been trying to up my skincare routine and really focus on the products I use on my face. However, this got me thinking, we pay so much attention to the skin on our faces, but oftentimes overlook our body! I want the skin on my body to be just as healthy as my face and to look moisturized and smooth! In addition to being tan haha! With that, here are my favorite body care products that I use daily, and my current favorite self-tanning products as well! I hope you enjoy!
1. Dry Brush: If you have never tried dry-brushing, I highly recommend that you give it a try! With that, I’ve talked about my love for dry brushing in many previous posts! This simple practice takes only 2 minutes before showering or taking a bath – which is another one of my favorite ways to detox! Plus, the benefits of dry brushing are proven to promote beauty and well-being throughout the whole body! While of course, exfoliating your skin and removing dead skin cells.
2. Dr. Teal’s Epsom Salt: I love taking Epsom salt baths, and I practically use Dr. Teal’s brand about twice to three times a week. Epsom salts are amazing for sore muscles, and your body absorbs magnesium through your skin – which contributes to heart and bone health and promotes better sleep! Plus, the best part about Epsom salt is that it makes your skin feel really soft afterward!
3. Mario Badescu Body Wash: Speaking of leaving your skin soft, I have been obsessed with this body wash for weeks now! It has been working wonders on my skin. Not only the texture of my skin but the overall appearance as well. Plus, it has a very light, floral, sweet scent – almost like grapefruit – so it’s not overpowering at all. I also love that it chemically exfoliates dead skin cells without leaving my skin irritated or overly dry!
4. iS Clinical Body Complex Lotion: As someone who has both sensitive and acne-prone skin, I was so shocked to see how well this body lotion actually works! Not to mention, with years of doing sports in school and working out 6+ times a week, I really struggled with breakouts on my shoulders. However, after using this product, I am amazed at the results! Not only that, but this lotion is also very soothing, moisturizing, and slightly exfoliating at the same time. I’m obsessed!
5. Billie Razor: I’ve been using the Billie Razor for a few months now and it really is the best razor out there!
6. Primally Pure Natural Charcoal Deodorant: Out of all of the natural deodorants on the market, I love Primally Pure the most! Especially in the charcoal scent. What I love about it is that it doesn’t leave my skin irritated or feeling rashy. Plus, I have very sensitive skin, so I am pleasantly pleased with how this natural deodorant works!
With that, in case you are not aware of the many benefits that come with making the switch to an all-natural deodorant, definitely fo check out this post! It’s very informative and I bet it will convince you to give natural deodorant a try haha!
7. Loving Tan 2-Hour Express Self-Tanner: Out of all the self-tanners that I have tried, Loving Tan is hands down the best ever!! I apply it once per week and the tan lasts all week. Loving Tan makes several different products, but I prefer the 2-hour Express (in the color: dark) because you put it on, wait a couple of hours, and then rinse it off. Your tan continues to develop, but you don’t smell like anything (which is awesome, since most self-tanners have a very potent smell). Also, I highly recommend using the Loving Tan applicator mitt to apply the product. This way it goes on evenly with no streaks!
I thought I would also share my go-to self-tanning routine as well!
On days that I self-tan, here’s the order in which I do things in:
- First, I make sure to dry brush before getting in the shower.
- Then, I hop in the shower, wash my body first, and then shave.
- I get out of the shower, dry off with a towel, then apply Loving Tan 2-Hour Express with a mitt.
- After five minutes, get dressed in loose clothing (I will usually wear a robe or soft lounge clothes like sweats.)
- Wait two hours, then rinse off in the shower (don’t use soap!).
- Dry off with a towel.
- And done! 🙌
I hope you enjoyed today’s post! If you have any questions or skincare product suggestions please let me know in the comments! I would to hear about some of your favorite or most-used products!
Have a beautiful day and stay safe!