If you know anything about me, then you know how much I LOVE to recreate “unhealthy” recipes/food items into a healthy alternative. After spending nearly 6 years working as a personal trainer, I’ve come up with a ton of recipes and healthier alternative to classic foods. Such as waffles! I’ve tried dozens of protein waffle recipes in the past, however, the recipe I’m about to share with you definitely takes the cake! Therefore, today I am sharing my all-time favorite protein waffle recipe with you!
I also want to talk about my obsession with Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes and why I use it as my protein waffle base. I’ve been using Kodiak Cakes for years when making protein waffles or protein pancakes and there’s honestly nothing that beats them! Not only do they come in numerous different flavors, but they don’t leave your protein baked goods tasty like a sponge or overly dry. Which, if you’ve ever baked with protein powder or “low carb” flours/pancake mixes then you’ve definitely experienced one too many dry or spongey tasting desserts. 🙃 Not with Kodiak Cakes though!
With that, Kodiak Cakes mix has 14 grams of protein per serving, contains Non-GMO ingredients, and no artificial preservatives! Plus, all you have to do is add water or milk to prepare the batter! You typically don’t even need to add the ingredients that I’m going to share with you. However, I add just a few more ingredients to make the best-ever protein waffle recipe! And to add a little more protein + even better taste! 😉
So now that I’ve introduced Kodiak Cakes, let’s get into this amazing breakfast recipe!
Protein Waffle Recipe!
- Waffle Maker (Linked Below!)
- 70 grams Kodiak Cake Power Cake Mix (I use the Buttermilk flavor!)
- .5 serving (15 grams) Vanilla Protein Powder
- 46 grams (1 serving) Egg Whites
- About 1/4 cup Unsweetened Almond (or Cashew) Milk I typically don't measure this out, I just use enough until I get the desired waffle/pancake consistency!
- .5 serving Mini Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Plug-in your waffle maker and let it heat up
- Add all dry ingredients into a medium-sized bowl
- Add in the one serving egg whites (46 grams)
- Add in just enough milk of choice to get the desired consistency for the waffle batter
- Lastly, stir in the mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Spray the waffle maker with non-stick cooking spray (I use Pam!)
- Fill the waffle maker with a spoon full of batter (or more depending on the size)
- Close the lid and let it cook for about a minute or so (depending on the size of the waffle maker)
- Enjoy! 🙂
Nutrition Facts: Per serving
I also want to add that the waffle maker I use is this adorable heart-shaped waffle iron! It works very well, it’s super cheap, and it’s so cute! Not to mention, it’s small enough to store anywhere without taking up a lot of space.
Additionally, the serving size changes depending on how much milk/water you add and how big your waffle iron is. However, using the small one I linked above, I usually get about 7-8 waffles out of one batter! Therefore, if you are a waffle fanatic like me, then you will 100% love these! They are sooooo delicious and they create such a perfect, healthy breakfast option to take with you to work, school, etc! Not to mention, your kids will LOVE these as well!
With 34.1 grams of protein + a good amount of healthy carbs & fat, these waffles are sure to keep your hunger at bay and keep you satisfied for hours!
I typically make these babies the night before and put them in a meal-prep container. That way, I don’t spend my morning making them and cleaning up afterward, plus they taste just as great after popping them in the microwave for a couple of seconds!
I love adding peanut butter as well on top of the waffles if I don’t feel like adding syrup on a particular day. Or, I even eat them plain! They’re just that good! You can also never go wrong by throwing on some fresh fruit! Such as strawberries, blueberries, sliced banana, etc. The possibilities are endless!
Be sure to try out my other go-to breakfast options as well!
I hope you enjoy this recipe!! Please let me know if you’ve tried Kodiak Cakes and what you think!
Plus, if you decide to give this waffle recipe a try for yourself!
Have a beautiful day!